Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Secret Recipe Cakes


Noticed that I had not baked anything lately? Coz I went to buy Secret Recipe's at 42% discount!! Promo was from 6/8 to 10/8. Went to the SR at Siglap branch on NDP at 12pm but all cakes were sold out. Quite disappointed so try my luck again at 9am the next day! Reached there then realised that the shop is only opened at 11am! So went for breakfast & jalan jalan till 10.50am back to the shop but there were already 10 ppl in the Q.

Got into the Q & start chit-chatting w the aunties in front & behind me (suddenly felt so auntie myself haa). Was told that SR's cheesecake are nice so it's a must buy cake! Went in then found out there are so many types of cheesecakes!! Regret that I din do any homework b4 going down!

Was limited to a few cakes for selection then so I chose 3 cakes (limited to 3 cakes per customer) at a go! The above photo was Chocolate Indulgence!


This is how the inside of the chocolate indulgence looks like!! So many layers esp the creams layers are so thick, much much thicker than the sponge! Felt that it was too rich liao!!!

Description by SR:
Creamy and rich Belgian coverture chocolate and white chocolate filling. Absolutely a luscious, luxurious, sinfully rich chocolate lover's dream.


2nd cake which I had bot is called Expresso Cheese Cake... Made a wrong choice as this cake was too hard & too sweet to be eaten! Yes, coffee smell was great but too bad..... Dh and I can't even finished 1 pc... now the cake is still lying in the fridge & untouched since the 1st pc!! :(


This is how the inside of the cake looks like! Looks more like ice-cream cake? Decided to give it 1 more chance so today I took out to try it again. I left the cut-out pc at room temperature to "de-frost". The cake tasted better when it was soft esp with the chocolate crust!

Description by SR:
A truly spectacular and interesting blend of baked cream cheese with expresso coffee. A cheese cake lover's wish for a cheese cake with strong coffee.


The last cake which I had bot is this Classic Cheesecake! As my friend did not managed to get a cake from SR during this promotion period so decided to sell her one. Since she do not take coffee so I sold her this classic cheesecake coz I had already cut out the chocolate indulgence (which she is more interested in as her dad do not take cheese).

Anyway guess she was lucky that she dun take coffee! Verdict from her was the cake is nice!!! Should be better than the Expresso Cheesecake, i think...

Description by SR:
A traditional blend of mascarpone cheese and cream cheese with chocolate sponge and finished with classic touch of lady fingers biscuit.

No comments: